Freedom Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Magpul conflict

+3
gabemondry
DHM078
JGeller
7 posters

Go down

The Magpul conflict Empty The Magpul conflict

Post by JGeller Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:53 pm

What do you think of Magpul? People are starting to diss it lately, IMO it's because so many kids are "Magpuling" their guns just for the name or the image - to me, it's some of the most practical, innovative, useful stuff and I LOVE it. Plus it's on a lot of my real AR's so it feels right. Your opinion? Do you use it? Love it or hate it? Yadayadayada, converse!!!!
JGeller
JGeller

http://www.JDGcamo.webs.com

Back to top Go down

The Magpul conflict Empty Re: The Magpul conflict

Post by DHM078 Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:34 pm

My opinion? Some of it is definitely good. Others it is overpriced, and doesn't change a whole lot. And comparing it to its use on a real AR is only somewhat accurate, since in many cases these external upgrades, Magpul or otherwise, have actual functions with real steel that are really only cosmetic differences in airsoft. And that everyone and their grandma is using it now completely kills the uniqueness factor, if that's anyone's rationale for buying it. Magpul is only one of many aftermarket AR parts makers, but definitely the most hyped. Some of that hype is deserved, but certainly not all.
DHM078
DHM078
Admin
Admin

https://freedomairsoft.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gabemondry Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:04 pm

magpul makes some cool products and theres nothing wrong with having a gun with the most ergonomic attachments in the world. however, when EVERYONE you see has a magpulled out gun, it starts to get lame. remember, its just airsoft and its all about looks
gabemondry
gabemondry

Back to top Go down

Post by The Whasian Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:20 pm

Sometimes I seriously wonder if people are trying to seek a sponsorship from Magpul because they have so much stuff on their gun. I like some of their stocks and I think the handguards are pretty comfy, but people can easily take it to the extreme.

The Whasian

Back to top Go down

Post by JGeller Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:41 pm

Agree that it's overpriced and overused - you know the UBR is probably $5 worth of plastic and a $2 mold, and they make $150 - LOL.
JGeller
JGeller

Back to top Go down

Post by Phratmaster2000 Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:58 am

Honestly 90% of it is worth it. The CTR stock is just so light and comfortable and the moe handguard is an alternative to the boring ris or shroud. Mbus is just overpriced though.

Phratmaster2000

Back to top Go down

Post by M_Lieb Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:23 pm

I really like their stocks, and some of the pistol grips and trigger guards, The hand guards are cool, but I have a free float rail system, so I can't use them anyways. A lot of their stuff is overpriced, but isn't everything in the modern world? It is true that making a stock such as the UBR (which goes for ~150) costs maybe $15 MAX to make.

M_Lieb

Back to top Go down

Post by Phratmaster2000 Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:14 pm

that's what marketing is.

Phratmaster2000

Back to top Go down

Post by M_Lieb Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:52 pm

Yeah. But if only people weren't so greedy

M_Lieb

Back to top Go down

Post by gabemondry Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:34 am

i dont think their THAT overpriced to be honest. i have a job, so i can buy whatever the hell i want. $30 for 3 packs of XTM panels are totally worth it to me since they feel great, i DONT use a forgrip, and because they look great. the RSA is frickin ingenius, no denying that. worth every dollar. only thing i'm iffy about is buy $80 iron sights when an optic is MUCH cheaper and usually more effective
gabemondry
gabemondry

Back to top Go down

Post by DHM078 Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:43 am

But a hundred and a half dollars for a stock that is only a REPLICA of the real one? Come on. The actual manufacturing costs can't be more than $20 a piece, and that's a really high estimate.
DHM078
DHM078
Admin
Admin

https://freedomairsoft.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Whiskey Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:07 am

I have to agree with Dani. It can't cost that much to make a stock that doesn't even need to be able to withstand serious recoil. The XTMs are way over priced but l spare you guys my rant on them.

As an alternative to Magpul, I like the G&G G26 quite a bit. It has more functionality that regular Magpul and costs half as much. Once they start selling those stocks separate I might buy one.
Whiskey
Whiskey

Back to top Go down

Post by JGeller Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:20 pm

Whiskey wrote:I have to agree with Dani. It can't cost that much to make a stock that doesn't even need to be able to withstand serious recoil. The XTMs are way over priced but l spare you guys my rant on them.

As an alternative to Magpul, I like the G&G G26 quite a bit. It has more functionality that regular Magpul and costs half as much. Once they start selling those stocks separate I might buy one.

I definitely want the PMAGS and the stock off that G26.
JGeller
JGeller

Back to top Go down

Post by Whiskey Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:02 pm

JGeller wrote:
I definitely want the PMAGS and the stock off that G26.

I don't like the magazine only because of the grip. It basically teaches you to hold the magazine while firing, which is not a great idea and a bad habit to develop. At least in RS.
Whiskey
Whiskey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down